Thursday, June 30, 2011

Good Shepherd Center Interview: Jenifer Porter


Chic Living LA is a full service interior design firm based moments from the beach in Santa Monica, CA. Headed by designer Jenifer Porter, Chic Living LA is all about bringing a certain "chic-ness" into her clients' lives. Specializing in designer fabrics and furniture and an impeccable taste for art and fashion, her goal is to make her clients happy and comfortable in a house they can call a home. If it's pounding the pavement to find the perfect art piece or designing her own special furniture for a client, she makes sure that her clients are 100% satisfied with their areas!

Jenifer has over 20 years of interior design experience. Between her husbands Design/Build company (Porter Development Corporation) and her own Chic Living LA, together they have everything to design, build, and perfect interiors to make the perfect home.

How did you hear about the GS Design Project? 
I stumbled up on the project while looking for charitable design projects online! My endless Google searching really payed off on this one.
 
Why did you choose to design a room? 

I have wanted to donate my services for some time now, and this project just spoke to me. It is just as incredible for me as it will be for the women and children getting a fresh start from Good Shepard. I'm so excited that we get so much creative freedom. I wanted something that not only myself but also my family could be involved in, so this really was a great match!

What do you think the biggest challenge of the project will be? (i.e., Time, Donations, Room Size, etc) 
The biggest challenge for me will definitely be the room size. I'm used to decorating really large, open spaces, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of doing something different. It's going to be a great experience for me!

Do you have an inspirational photo for this project?  
I don't necessarily have a photo. I really go off feeling. My inspiration comes from the the soothing colors of the sea and the warm feeling that makes a house a home.

What are you most looking forward to with the project? 

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the feeling all of the designers will get when we see the entire project complete. I can't wait to see the excitement on everyones faces as we get together and share the experience of giving.

All the rooms at Good Shepherd are dorm size, what advice or tip do you have for someone decorating a space this small?  
As I've been thinking about designing a small space, I think my tip would have to be stay simple. Too much clutter and patterns will give someone a panic attack in a space so small! Storage has also been huge for me. Really take advantage of vertical spaces (without being too busy!), and think of other creative ways that the women and children will be able to store their belongings. 

1 comment:

  1. Nail is still a very popular fashion replica handbags uk in autumn and
    gucci replica . The furry
    design on the hermes replica
    of the bag makes this autumn and handbags replica. Xiaobian likes
    the buckle like sapphire and looks quite replica handbags .

    ReplyDelete